The direct or indirect purchase or receipt of a ticket, whichever is the earlier, by the bearer constitutes acceptance by the bearer of the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions incorporate the conditions of entry to the stadium which are also displayed at the stadium and these terms and conditions shall prevail where there is inconsistency between the two.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Right of admission is reserved at the discretion of CSA and the organising affiliate (“management”).
2. The ticket must be produced at appropriate entry points and/or on demand by any authorised official.
3. Entry into the stadium and demarcated areas will not be allowed to persons under the influence of alcohol or in possession of cans, glass objects, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, weapons, flares, fireworks, smoke bombs, hooters, horns, any object or clothing containing political or commercial identification in breach of condition 7 below, or any other objects or items which may be offensive, disruptive, dangerous or likely to infringe any party’s rights or any party’s safety or security. The ticket holder must at all times also comply with the list of prohibited and restricted items, which may be viewed at www.cricket.co.za or obtained from CSA at (011) 880-2810.
4. Where admission is refused or the ticket holder is evicted from the stadium and/or demarcated areas, no refund shall be paid.
5. The playing field shall be out of bounds at all times on the day of the match to which this ticket refers (“the match”).
6. The ticket holder shall not behave in a disruptive manner, endanger the safety of other persons in the stadium and/or demarcated areas and shall not unreasonably obstruct the viewing of other spectators.
7. Under no circumstances may any person in the stadium use a mobile telephone, computer or other kind of communication device either,
(i) to communicate or in any way transmit any form of commentary, data or other material in relation to a cricket match taking place in the stadium for any kind of improper betting or other corrupt or unlawful purpose; or
(ii) to conduct betting activity (whether lawful or unlawful) in a public pitch-facing part of the ground in a way which, in management’s opinion, otherwise brings the game or CSA into disrepute, is disruptive or which offends (or is likely to offend) other spectators.
Ticket holders participating in these activities or suspected by management to be participating in such activities, may be ejected from the stadium.
8. The ticket holder shall not engage in any form of “ambush marketing” and shall not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters or other parties commercially associated with the match, nor conduct unauthorised promotions or other commercial activity.
9. The use of tickets as a prize in lotteries or competitions without prior written consent of the management is expressly prohibited.
10. The ticket holder shall not be entitled to sell, donate, transfer or in any way give this ticket to any person or entity for the purpose of commercial gain. Tickets shall only be purchased or obtained through official authorized agents, a list of which may be viewed at www.cricket.co.za or obtained from CSA at (011) 880-2810. Any ticket obtained in breach of these terms and conditions shall be invalid and all rights connected with such invalid ticket shall be unenforceable. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these terms and conditions will be refused entry or be ejected from the stadium and demarcated areas and no refund will be payable.
11. Management shall, subject to these terms and conditions, use its best efforts to ensure that the ticket holder is given full and undisturbed use of the seat to which this ticket refers. Management reserves the right to substitute the seat with another in its discretion. Management does not guarantee that the ticket holder will have an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of the match from the seat provided, nor does it make any guarantee as to the quality of the match.
12. In the event of the postponement of the match, this ticket may still be valid or be substituted for a valid one. If the original ticket is stolen or mislaid management should be notified immediately. Please refer to CSA’s ‘Refund Policy’ at www.cricket.co.za or call CSA at (011) 880-2810.
13. Should the ticket holder wish to leave and enter a demarcated area, permission must first be obtained from the Venue Operation Centre (“VOC”) at each stadium or the person(s) designated by the VOC to grant such permission.
14. The ticket holder shall not express or carry out, in any form, discriminatory ideas or acts either in the stadium or the demarcated areas. CSA strongly condemns any discriminatory or racist act or any action which could have a discriminatory effect or impact.
15. Management, its officials, servants, and agents shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage howsoever caused to the ticket holder. Failure to observe and abide by these terms and conditions shall constitute a breach of contract and may result in ejection from the stadium and demarcated areas, cancellation, or confiscation of this ticket and/or legal action of management.
16. Complimentary tickets not Redeemed 24 hours prior to an event, will be released back for general sale
17. No consideration whatsoever, will be given for any tickets released back for sale.
18. I hereby authorise and consent to the processing of my personal information for the purposes of this agreement and agree that:
a. CSA may collect, store, and process the personal information I have provided as well as use and disclosure of such information.
b. CSA will store and delete my personal information in accordance with their policies.
c. My information will only be processed for any purpose beyond those specified if required by law.
d. I can withdraw my consent to the processing of my personal information at any time.