07 Jan Online tickets sold out for opening Betway SA20 match!
Following unprecedented demand, online tickets for the MI Cape Town and Paarl Royals opener at Newlands on 10th January are sold out.
Only premium seating available from Western Province Cricket Club in the private members club pavilion.
Saturday, 7 January: The excitement for the opening match of the Betway SA20 is at fever-pitch, with general stand tickets sold out for the local derby between MI Cape Town and Paarl Royals. With some of the best cricketers in action including Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada and Rashid Khan for the home team and Jos Buttler, David Miller and Eoin Morgan for the visiting Paarl Royals, Newlands will be the place to be when the first ball is bowled on Tuesday evening.
Following the release of all complimentary ticket allocations for sale, the League and MICT engaged Western Province Cricket Club (WPCC). To meet demand, WPCC has made tickets available in its private Members Pavilion to give more fans the opportunity to experience South Africa’s premier T20 League. These premium WPCC tickets are on sale for R300 and can be purchased at Gate 10 at the stadium with the ticketing office open at the following times.
Saturday 7th from 9:30 am to 2pm
Sunday from 9 am to 3pm
Monday 9th from 9am to 5pm
Tuesday from 9 am
Ticket sales have also accelerated countrywide and fans are encouraged to buy match tickets before they sell out.
In addition to world-class cricket and talent, fans are in for an electric stadium experience off the field, with DJ’s, live musical performances, give-aways, prizes, big screens, fan cams, fun for the kids and a whole lot more packed into three hours of explosive entertainment. Tickets are priced between R50 and R200 for the group games, with various promotional discounts on offer including the opportunity to buy 6 tickets for the price of 4.
The opening game, along with the remaining 32 matches, will all be broadcast exclusively live on SuperSport in Sub-Saharan Africa, Viacom18 Sports to India’s cricket-loving and passionate fanbase and Sky Sports in the UK.
All tickets can be purchased online through the Ticketpro website www.ticketpro.co.za.
- Gates open at 14h30
- Pre-match entertainment from 16h00
- Match: MI Cape Town vs Paarl Royals – 17h30
- Matches on 13th 14th & 23rd Jan – Gates open 15h30 (2 hours prior to start of match)
- Match on 18th Jan – Gates open 11h30 (2 hours prior to start of match)
10h00 – 22h00:
- Campground road will be closed from CNR Campground road and Mariendahl road to Palmyra Road.
- Groote Schuur High School Upper all parking will be reserved, access will be by parking ticket only.
- Groote Schuur High School Lower/Vredenhof will be reserved parking with very limited unreversed parking. Cash on access.
- Groote Schuur Primary School – unreserved payable in cash on access.
- San Souci Girls High School – unreserved parking payable cash on access.
E Hailing services
- There will be a dedicated, secure, drop off & collection point at the Newlands Swimming Pool
- Should any prohibited item be found by security outside the stadium at the bag search area will not be kept for spectator.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- Wheelchair access gates: 2, 23
CASH AND CARD ACCEPTANCE
- Please note there will be no ATM machines at the stadium. Vendors do accept card payments.