28 Nov ANOTHER VICTORY FOR WESTERN PROVINCE AND WARRIORS
JOHANNESBURG: Six Gun Grill Western Province and Dafabet Warriors secured comfortable wins in the Cricket South Africa (CSA) 4-Day Series on Saturday.
A triple century from Tony de Zorzi (304* off 381) and a ton from Yaseen Vallie saw Western Province claim an innings and 155-run victory against the ITEC Knights.
Knights’ efforts from Raynard van Tonder (117 off 222), and Pite van Biljon (71 off 142) proved not enough as the visitors were bowled out for 309 runs, following 111 runs from their first innings.
George Linde and Dane Paterson claimed three wickets each to help the Cape Town-based side secure another victory at home.
Meanwhile in Gqeberha, Warriors claimed a 239-run victory against North West Dragons, to make it three wins from three matches.
Matthew Breetzke followed his unbeaten century from the first innings with 91 runs as Warriors declared on 177/5, with a 442-run lead.
A big ask for Dragons, who were bowled out for 203 on Saturday afternoon. Renaldo Meyer top-scored in his 42 off 16, with other contributions from Delano Potgieter (38*) and Duan Jansen (35).
Marco Jansen claimed three scalps and teammate, Ziyaad Abrahams grabbed two wickets.
In Johannesburg, the DP World Lions slumped to 139 all out in their second innings and Momentum Multiply Titans have to chase only 44 runs on Sunday.
Simon Harmer was most destructive against the Lions batting line-up, claiming 14-wickets in total; seven scalps in each innings.
Earlier, Theunis de Bruyn’s century (101 off 94) helped Titans set a first innings score of 449 all out, with a 95-run lead for their counterparts. De Bruyn had the support of half centuries from Neil Brand (91 off 174) Heinrich Klaasen (69 off 75), and Dean Elgar (55 off 97).
Duan Olivier claimed three wickets, whilst Malusi Siboto, Sisanda Magala and Reeza Hendricks took two each.
Day 3 was abandoned without a ball bowled between the Hollywoodbets Dolphins and Gbets Rocks due to inclement weather in Durban.
CSA 4-Day Series Fixtures: Thu – Sun: 24 – 27 November 22 (Stumps on Day 3)
Six Gun Grill Western Province vs ITEC Knights, Six Gun Grill Newlands, Cape Town (Knights won the toss and elected to bat first.
- Western Province won by an innings and 155 runs
- Knights: 111/10 in 40.2 Overs – G. Cloete 29 (50), A. Mothoa 25 (25) / B. Hendricks 4/16, D. Paterson 2/18.
- Western Province: 575/7 in 135.5 Overs –T. de Zorzi 304* (381), Y. Vallie 136 (193), G. Linde 46 (83) / G. Coetzee 4/117
- Knights: 309/10 in 98.3 Overs – R. van Tonder 117 (222), P. van Biljon 71 (142) / D. Paterson 3/48, G. Linde 3/64
Dafabet Warriors vs North West Dragons, St George’s Park, Gqeberha (Dragons won the toss and elected to field first.)
- Warriors won by 239 runs
- Warriors: 381/10 in 111 Overs – M. Breetzke 112* (233), D. Rosier 80 (136) / R. Meyer 5/90
- Dragons: 116/10 in 41.5 Overs – N. van den Bergh 53 (99) / B. Swanepoel 4/19, M. Jansen 3/40
- Warriors: 177/5 in 57.3 Overs – M. Breetzke 91 (143), J. Hermann 64 (111) / D. Potgieter 3/26
- Dragons: 203/10 in 39.5 Overs – R. Meyer 42 (16), D. Potgieter 38* (46) / M. Jansen 3/40, Z. Abrahams 2/44
DP World Lions vs Momentum Multiply Titans, DP World Wanderers, Johannesburg (Lions won the toss and elected to bat first).
- Lions lead Titans by 44 runs
- Lions: 354/10 in 111.5 Overs – J. Richards 107 (127), R. Rickelton 108* (248), S. Magala 54 (118) / S. Harmer 7/83, A. Gqamane 2/49
- Titans: 449/10 in 104.3 Overs –T. de Bruyn 101 (94), N. Brand 91 (174), H. Klaasen 69 (75), D. Elgar 55 (97) / D. Olivier 3/62, M. Siboto 2/54
- Lions: 139/10 in 40.4 Overs – K. Rapulana 28 (18) /7/68, L. Williams 3/34
Hollywoodbets Dolphins vs Gbets Rocks, Hollywoodbets Kingsmead, Durban (Rocks won the toss and elected to bat first)
- Dolphins trail Rocks by 76 runs
- Rocks: 211/10 in 65.3 Overs – C. Fortuin 93* (145), F. Adams 30 (41) / JJ Smuts 5/55, K. Maharaj 3/80
- Dolphins: 135/4 in 47 Overs – S. Erwee 76 (146), J. Smith 23* (83) / S. von Berg 3/56
All matches can be streamed live from the CSA YouTube Channel and ball-by-ball action available on the CSA App.
Issued by: Cricket South Africa – Corporate Communications
ABOUT CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA
Cricket South Africa (CSA), an affiliate of the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) and a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC), is the national governing body for the sport of cricket in South Africa and administers all aspects of South African cricket, men, and women, both in the professional and amateur sphere.