VACANCY: Cricket Services Administrator
CSA (Cricket South Africa) is the national governing body for the sport of cricket in South Africa and administers all aspects of South African cricket, and where appropriate on the continent of Africa.
CSA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote and broaden the diversity of our workforce ensuring South Africans of all races, gender and disability can be involved in the administration of cricket. The appointments are made in line with the employment equity commitments.
A new position for a Cricket Services Administrator has become available. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient administrative, organisational and logistical support to the Cricket Services Department and full secretarial assistance to all Cricket related Committees’ meetings.
The role will report to the General Manager; Cricket and Cricket Services Manager and is integral to the effective and efficient functioning of the Cricket Services Department.
The more important criteria for the appointment is set out below and although not exhaustive, would serve as a guideline in assessing prospective candidates.
Key performance areas include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide comprehensive support to the General Manager: Cricket and Cricket Services Manager that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience within the department;
- Provide secretarial assistance to all Cricket related Committees’ meetings;
- Serve as the principal administrative contact of the Cricket Services department; and
- Perform other reasonable duties as required by CSA, including ad hoc project involvement.
The following skills, qualifications and experience are essential requirements:
- A diploma/degree in Office Administration or equivalent qualification;
- At least 5 years related working experience as a Personal Assistant, Secretary or Office Administrator;
- Experience in report writing and minutes taking;
- A secretarial or commercial work experience will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Cricketing Fraternity / Business (Members and CSA programmes);
- Understand and support the transformation objectives of CSA;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures; and
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Suite).
In addition, the following would be important:
- Top secretarial skills;
- Disciplined and value driven;
- Strong decision making ability;
- Good attitude and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated with a high work ethic and able to solve problems;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to communicate with
people at all levels;
- The ability to plan, organise and work effectively on own and as part of a team;
- The ability to work under pressure and handling of stress; and
- Passionate about the game of cricket.
Successful candidate would be based at the CSA Powerade Centre of Excellence, LC de Villiers Sports Grounds, HPC, Burnett Street, Hatfield, Pretoria. The role would require the successful candidate to sometimes travel within South Africa depending on the venue for Cricket related
Qualifying candidates can apply to email@example.com with a comprehensive CV, cover letter, copy of SA ID, copies of qualifications and at least two contactable references.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Short listed candidates will undergo interviews and possible additional assessments.
In making the final selection, consideration will be given to the employment equity objectives of CSA. A performance agreement shall be entered into with the successful applicant. CSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The close date for all applications is 20 January 2017 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response to your application within 14 days after the closing date, please consider it as being unsuccessful.