Cricket Services is dedicated to support
Cricket in South Africa to be the preferred national sport of choice, facilitating the ethos of a winning nation, through being:
· Accessible to the entire population who have the desire to play and follow the game.
· Sustainable through excellence in the development, support and good management of amateur, semi-professional and professional cricket.
The results of all our efforts will be visible and culminate in:
The Proteas (both men and women) as the number one team in world cricket in all formats of the game.
Each and every cricket programme is aimed at delivering on the above mentioned vision. Each program is evaluated each year in terms of its effectiveness on the delivery of the specific outcomes for each level of the CSA Pipeline.
It is for this reason that the CSA High Performance programme looks to compliment good work done in the rest of the CSA Pipeline in its pursuit of excellence. By acting as a finishing school for identified talent within the pipeline, the sustainability of the Proteas as a world leading team is ensured. The High Performance programme has as its main strategic objectives the following:
· To provide for the identified needs of the National teams – act as the link between Franchises and the National team in the case of the Proteas.
· Create a High Performance environment for CSA that will ensure best practice in the areas of player support structures, player management, technology, facilities and performance analysis.
· Player and other information sharing across the professional cricket pipeline that will ensure the effective development of all players identified within the High Performance programme.
· To ensure alignment of all programmes at representative level i.e. the SA U/19, National Academy and the both Protea men’s and women’s ‘teams