Cricket South Africa | Samsung S9 Handset Giveaway Competition
Terms & Conditions
These rules apply to the Cricket South Africa Samsung S9 giveaway (“the competition”). This competition is being run by Cricket South Africa (NPC), with company registration number 2002/002641/08. Please contact us on 011 8802810 (week days during office hours 08h00-17h00) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the competition. By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
1. WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND END?
The competition starts at 09h00 on 23rd March 2018 and ends at 17h00 on 6th April 2018 (“closing date”). This is the competition period. Cricket South Africa reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
2. WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION? (WHO QUALIFIES FOR ENTRY INTO THE DRAW?)
This competition is only open to South African citizens. For prize winners, proof of citizenship will need to be presented, either by way of a valid South African identity document, valid South African drivers license or South African passport
3. WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in the competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
3.1 Cricket South Africa including board members, members, unions and affiliates i.e. Directors, members, partners, employees, agencies or consultants relating to this competition.
3.2 Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition
3.3 The spouse, life partner, siblings, children or partners of any of the persons named above
3.4 Legal Entities
4. HOW TO ENTER
4.1 Campaign will run via Facebook Lead ads. https://www.facebook.com/business/a/lead-ads. whereby a 30” Video will tell consumers about competition and get them to enter in the prepopulated form in the post. Only one entry is permissible for this competition.
4.2 Entries must be sent in the correct format with all required fields completed.
4.3 By entering the competition, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
The prize consists of one (1) x Samsung S9 handset which contains behind the scenes footage of Proteas on Tour over the 2017-2018 Season.
5.1 Only one prize is available for this competition
5.2 The prize cannot be transferred or converted into cash
6. HOW WILL WE DELIVER YOUR PRIZE TO YOU OR CLAIM YOUR PRIZE?
Subject to the geographical location in South Africa of the address of the prize winner, the prize will be delivered in one of two ways:
• By a Proteas Player (e.g. Chris Morris) or,
• By a third-party courier company to any physical address in South Africa.
Cricket South Africa reserves the right to make the decision on the most appropriate delivery method.
7. HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
The winner will be notified by telephone during the course of the week following the competition period and a confirmation letter will also be sent to the winner by email. Delivery of prize will be no later than 30th April 2018.
7.1 Cricket South Africa will not publish the winners name on cricket.co.za; CSA’s Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, radio, print unless the winner gives Cricket South Africa permission to do so.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
If Cricket South Africa cannot get hold of the prize winner within 7 (seven) days after the prize announcement date, Cricket South Africa will award the prize to another entrant.
9. GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
Participants that do any of the following or attempt to do any of the following whether alone or through anyone else will immediately be disqualified from winning the prize
• Hacking into Facebook to manipulate the mechanics
• Changing the coding of the mechanics in any way to benefit the outcome of the results
• Doing anything so as to manipulate the outcome of the game
9.1 Any violation or attempt to violate any of these above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
• All Cricket South Africa competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act Regulations.
• The judges decision will remain final. Cricket south Africa will enter into no further correspondence.
• Cricket South Africa reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Cricket South Africa. No entrant shall have any recourse against Cricket South Africa as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
• Cricket South Africa will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion's publicity, but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
• Cricket South Africa shall not be held responsible for:
o Lost, late, delayed, misdirected, unintelligible or incomplete electronic mail.
o Telephonic, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties.
• Errors in transmission, and any condition caused by events beyond the control of Cricket South Africa which may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
• Cricket South Africa shall not be held responsible for entries not received in the event of participants not successfully completing the entering mechanism provided.
• Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery of prize.
• By providing your email address and mobile number and submitting via the ‘Submit’ button you consent to receive email/text communications from Cricket South Africa, in relation to any special offers, discounts, promotions, products and/or services offered by Cricket South Africa.
• By providing your email address and submitting via the ‘Submit’ button you confirm you are the authorised owner/user of the email address submitted.
• You agree that your personal information may be shared with the Cricket South Africa employees, contractors, agents, companies working on our behalf, selected business partners and other related companies in our group, but, except as required by law, information identifying an individual will never be passed on to a third party for their own use.
• You can opt out of receiving promotional materials at any time via the unsubscribe links on emails or replying STOP on text messages sent from Cricket South Africa.