VACANCIES: Provincial Coaches for the new Coaching Framework
On behalf of the members of Cricket South Africa (Members), CSA invites applications for coaching positions at Member level.
CSA Members are the custodians of amateur cricket in each of the nine provinces in South Africa and serve as the feeder system to all professional cricket teams in South Africa. There are 14 Members representing the nine geo-political provinces of South Africa and are detailed in table 1 below:
Members are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. It is their stated intention to promote and broaden the diversity of our workforce ensuring that South Africans of all races, gender and disability can be involved in the administration of cricket. The appointments are made in line with Members employment equity commitments.
New fixed term positions (4 at each Member) as the 1. Head Coach: Provincial Academy & U19; 2. Head Coach: Women & Girls Cricket Pipeline; 3. Head Coach: Under 17 & 15 Age Group; and 4. Head Coach: Under 13 & 11 Age Group at Member level have become available. The Four (4) successful candidates per Member will be responsible for the development and implementation of an elite coaching programme for the Provincial Academy and age group squads as well as the Women and Girls cricket pipeline.
In addition, the successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of the newly introduced Player Performance Plan in the Member pipeline structures. This will be done in conjunction with the key role players at Schools, Clubs, Hubs and Regional Performance Centres by introducing systems aimed to improve on-field performance of the selected cricketers.
Each role will report to the Member Provincial Coach Education Manager and is integral to the effective and efficient delivery of the Player Performance Plan.
Being part of the sport of cricket, the role requires an ability and willingness to travel, work long hours, over weekends and public holidays where necessary.
The more important criteria for the appointment is set out below and although not exhaustive, would serve as a guideline in assessing prospective candidates.
Key performance areas include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the Head Coach of the Provincial Age Group Squads assigned to the position;
- Develop the cricket specific components of the Player Performance Plan for selected cricketers;
- Complete the cost needs analysis of each selected cricketer in the squad;
- Coordinate and implement the interventions for the selected cricketers as part of the Personal Development Plans of each cricketer;
- Guide the selection panel in the selection of the Provincial Age Group training squads;
- Lead the identification of talent within National, Provincial or Franchise pipeline structures; and
- Perform other reasonable duties as required by the Member, including ad hoc project involvement.
The following skills, qualifications and experience are essential requirements:
- Level III Coaching Qualification or equivalent qualification;
- At least 2 years credible coaching experience of elite cricketers or squads;
- Understanding of the CSA Player Performance Plan;
- The ability to coach and identify talent;
- The ability to evaluate and prepare training programmes to meet the needs of selected cricketers;
- The ability to work with diverse stakeholders across differing cultural and national identities; and
- The ability to develop relationships and partnership across various sectors (corporate, government, non-government and media).
In addition, the following would be important attributes:
- The ability to influence and persuade;
- The energy and passion to inspire others to perform;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Disciplined and value driven;
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to plan, organise and work effectively on own and as part of a team;
- The ability to work under pressure and manage stress
- Independent and self-starter, good attitude and passionate about the game and identifying talent.
Successful candidates would be based at the respective Member office and report into such office.
Qualifying candidates must apply directly to the Member as per the table below with a comprehensive CV, cover letter, copy of SA ID, copies of qualifications, copy of a police clearance certificate and at least two contactable references. The member contacts are:
NB: Your application must also be copied to email@example.com clearly indicating the CSA Member office and which one of the four (4) positions you are applying for.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Short listed candidates will undergo interviews and possible additional assessments.
In making the final selection, consideration will be given to employment equity objectives of CSA Members.
A performance agreement shall be entered into with the successful applicant. CSA Members reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The closing date for all applications is 28 April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response to your application within 14 days after the closing date, please consider it as being unsuccessful.
Note: The employment relationship will exist between the respective Member and the successful candidate.
CSA will not be a party to the employment relationship.