CSA, then United Cricket Board of South Africa (UCBSA), established its first Transformation Monitoring Committee at a special conference at the Southern Sun Hotel, OR Tambo International in 1998.
This Committee utilised the Ten Thrusts for Transformation documented in the UCBSA National Transformation Charter to monitor the progress and report back to the Board of UCBSA.
These Thrusts were identified as:
1. The role of the UCBSA Board
3. Redress and representivity
5. Competitiveness and revenue
7. Closing the Gap
8. Funding and distribution
9. Recording the full history of South African cricket
10. Accountability and monitoring
Progress was reviewed and the UCBSA Thrusts were fine-tuned by CSA at its National Transformation Indaba in 2013, whereby the rapid Africanisation of cricket was made a strategic priority with the focus on the following resolutions:
2. Procurement and appointment of staff
3. Professional cricket
4. Amateur cricket
5. History and Legacy
The essence of these resolutions is dealt with in the Transformation Philosophy and Plans document as well as in the appropriate sections in this handbook.
In addition, CSA introduced a new Corporate Governance regime and Operational Model which bring world class structures and processes into the organisation.
The spirit of the conference is encapsulated in the characterisation of an effective transformation process as the response of this organisation to the changing demands in the market that it serves.
Transformation is about the sustainability of financial revenue, human capital and talent in the work space and on the field, thereby ensuring CSA’s sustainability, relevance and competitive edge.
Cricket South Africa is committed to its undertaking on transformation and redress that includes delivery of the following key issues:
• Demographically Representative Entities and Democratic Structures
• Development of cricketers and our Human Capital
• Equitable Allocation of Resources and equity across the board
• Ethos of Dignity and equality
• A culture of sustainability, non-racialism and Access for all
• Recognition of the history of all South African cricket
CSA - TRANSFORMATION COMMITEE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD THE TRANSFORMATION PHILOSOPY AND PLANS BOOKLET